The Lumber Yard Associate will load customer orders, unload incoming inventory, assist in inventory control, and perform general housekeeping. Must have forklift experience.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Lumber Yard Associate:
- Perform cutting and packaging of materials, as directed, to prepare products for customer’s use – load building
- Load orders onto customer vehicles and company delivery vehicles.
- Maintain correct quantity of materials, ensuring correct inventory records.
- Review materials received for correct quantity and condition.
- Keep lumber yard and warehouse free of debris.
- Maintain and operate company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist customers in the unloading of materials from our vehicles.
- Participate in loading, unloading, stocking, and pulling off merchandise as necessary.
- Inspect and report to supervisor or manager, daily, all maintenance or safety related issues with equipment.
- Report all accidents in the Yard immediately to your supervisor (even if it is minor). Obtain all information about operator, vehicle, insurance, etc. If property damage or personal injury occurs, obtain all related information including names, address, and type of damage or injury. Proper reports must be filled out completely and turned into your supervisor the day of the incident.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Industry experience and product knowledge preferred
- Hand truck and forklift required
- Tape measurre required
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscience
Job location: Boston, MA
New England Building Supply is an equal opportunity and drug-free employer offering a great work environment for a motivated team member. we offer a competitive wage, health insurance, company paid life and disability insurance, 401k, and paid holidays/sick/vacation time.