The Lumber Counter Sales Representative will provide customer service by processing sales at the sales counter, over the telephone, or via email. The ideal candidate will have a knowledge of building materials and will possess keen customer service skills.
SIGN ON BONUS (after 90 days of employment)
- Provide customer service, to builders and contractors, at the counted, over the telephone and via email
- Prepare and process job quotes and orders with a high level of accuracy
- Focus on the customer by creating a positive customer experience
- Participate in direct cycle count processes, as directed
- Perform research needed to help determine the “root cause” of inventory variances and adjustments
- Act as a liaison with Shipping/Receiving to help coordinate deliveries
- Communicate effectively with all internal staff and external contacts
- Work independently on delivery results expected for the position
- Put stock away and assist in warehouse, as directed
- Participate in merchandising the store
Education: High school graduation or equivalent
Experience: Previous related work experience preferred – 1 year sales experience. Associates Degree may substitute for experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Point of Sale Software – Training provided
- PC – Basic computer skills including word and excel
- Telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus and excellent communication skill
- Bilingual – fluent in English and Spanish is a plus
Location: Boston, MA
New England Building Supply is an equal opportunity and drug-free employer offering a great work environment for a motivated team member. We offer a competitive wave, health insurance, company paid life and disability insurance, 401k, and paid holidays/sick/vacation time.