YARD FOREMAN – JOB OPENING
Managing a team of 10+ employees that work in the lumber yard. Oversee and, at times assist with customer orders, unloading incoming deliveries, assist in inventory control and perform general housekeeping. Ensure the yard is working in order by managing the staff, assigning tasks, and responsible for general yard operations.
- Ensuring employees are cutting and packaging materials, as directed, to prepare products for customer’s use.
- Ensuring orders are loaded onto customer vehicles and company delivery vehicles.
- Maintain correct quantity of materials, ensuring correct inventory records.
- Review materials received for correct quantity and condition.
- Keep yard and warehouse free of debris.
- Maintain and operate company equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist employees with unloading of materials from our vehicles, when needed.
- Ensuring yard employees are punching in/out on time clock and taking their required 30 min lunch breaks
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION: High school diploma
EXPERIENCE: Previous related work experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Industry experience and product knowledge preferred
- Hand truck and forklift preferred
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Constant walking, standing, bending, climbing and crawling
- Occasional sitting for more than one hour
Weather Related Conditions:
- Frequent exposure to heat, cold, rain, humidity, wind
- Frequent carrying and lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Overtime required, as needed, including weekends