JOB TITLE: Warehouse Associate
Reports To: Store Manager
Location: Boston, MA
To load customer orders, unload re-supply shipments, assist in inventory control and perform general housekeeping.
• Unload incoming vendor trucks
• Pull/fulfill orders accurately
• Locate special orders that have been received
• Load orders into customer vehicles and company delivery vehicles
• Put stock away in assigned areas, including store
• Maintain correct quantities of materials, ensuring correct inventory records
• Review materials received for correct quantity and condition
• Operate gutter machine
• Keep warehouse free of debris.
• Maintain and operate company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education: High school diploma preferred, although not required
Experience: Previous work related work experience preferred, although not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Industry experience and product knowledge preferred
• Hand truck and forklift preferred
• Tape measure required
• Customer focused
• Attention to detail
• Safety conscience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Constant walking, standing, bending, climbing and crawling
• Occasional sitting for more than one hour
• Constant overall peripheral vision, color, depth perception and reading close-up
• Constant handling, reaching, feeling and grasping for objects and use of finger dexterity
• Constant hearing and talking in person
• Occasional hearing and talking via telephone, hearing faint sounds and use of public address system
Weather Related Conditions:
• Frequent exposure to heat, cold, rain, humidity, wind
• Frequent carrying and lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
• Overtime required, as needed, including weekends