The Shipping/Receiving Clerk will be an integral part of the shipping and receiving process working closely with the Shipping Manager and assistant shipper.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Shipping/Receiving Clerk:
- Receives all incoming material into Bistrack system, scanning documents and verifying paperwork, notes, and shortages.
- Handles invoicing of outgoing deliveries, checking and adjusting paperwork to reflect correct shipment totals, communicating shortages, backorders and changes to appropriate individuals.
- Handles return paperwork for material returned from customers and/or returned to vendors and communicates with Managers, customers and salespeople regarding status of returns.
- Manages dispatch tracking process, handing out tablet equipment to drivers, educating drivers on using tablets and tracking equipment, making requests for repairs. Entering daily deliveries into dispatch software system and maintaining data within that system for accuracy.
- Handles paperwork for daily truck/forklift inspections, including filing and tracking that paperwork or digital files.
- Effectively communicate and direct incoming drivers to their correct location in the yard and providing paperwork for them to be unloaded.
- Contacting customers regarding deliveries and maintaining good communication between the shipping department and customers.
- Contacts repair and other vendors related to the shipping department and yard as directed regarding repair appointments, projects etc.
- Tracks incomplete and open deliveries to ensure invoicing of all completed deliveries.
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office/365 including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with Bistrack preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time. Handling material is infrequent in this role, but at times may be required.
- Sitting for long periods of time is required.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures.
Interested? Please forward all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you and growing our team!