We are seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage current and new turn-key projects. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight of assigned projects with labor as a requirement for supplying building materials, turn-key. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with design professionals, general contractors, building owners and construction personnel while successfully controlling material and labor usage on site in accordance with the executed contract documents. This individual will work closely with the Company’s estimating, sales and operations personnel to ensure the contract documents, project schedule and project budget are maintained. Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the Company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Project Manager:
• Review the project plans and specifications to comment on the building design, scheduling, possible cost saving measures and potential construction problems.
• Assist estimator in preparing and reviewing the material take-off.
• Coordinate and compile bids from material and labor providers. • Prepare the Turn-Key proposal package. • Coordinate product submittals from vendors and forward to the general contractor and/or architect for approval.
• Coordinate and manage the RFI process throughout the design and construction of the project.
• Expedite all shop drawings and approvals.
• Facilitate pre-construction meetings with appropriate customer and vendor personnel
• Monitor and maintain the project schedule and take corrective action as needed to ensure scope of work is completed on time.
• Attend job site meetings regularly. Raise and discuss relevant issues. Prepare & issue meeting minutes of all site meeting.
• Inform the general contractor/architect of any errors, discrepancies or omissions contained within the project design drawings.
• Expedite all C.O.’s (Change Order)
• Insure monthly invoicing and draws are completed in accordance with the contract including any AIA Req’s.
• Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control and take corrective action with subcontractors and vendors as needed.
•Prepare monthly progress updates for the NEBS management team.
• Minimum 5-years’ experience as a Project Manager on new-building, large scale multi-family construction.
• College or university degree in the construction related field a plus.
• Must have an understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts.
• Proficient in blueprint reading and material take-offs.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and ProCore TM
• Proficient communicator and negotiator.
• Excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.