Load customer orders, unload incoming inventory, assist in inventory control and perform general housekeeping. Must have forklift experience.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Lumber Yard Associate:
- Perform cutting and packaging of materials, as directed, to prepare products for customer’s use – load building
- Load orders onto customer vehicles and company delivery vehicles.
- Maintain correct quantity of materials, ensuring correct inventory records.
- Review materials received for correct quantity and condition.
- Keep yard and warehouse free of debris.
- Maintain and operate company equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist customers in the unloading of materials from our vehicles.
- Participate in loading, unloading, stocking, and pulling of merchandise as necessary.
- Inspect and report to supervisor/ manager, daily, all maintenance or safety related issues with equipment.
- Report all accidents in the Yard immediately to your supervisor (even if minor). Obtain all information about operator, vehicle, insurance, etc. If property damage or personal injury occurs, obtain all related information including names, address, and type of damage or injury. Proper reports must be filled out completely and turned into your supervisor the day of the incident.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Education: High school diploma preferred, although not required.
Experience: Previous related work experience preferred. Forklift experience required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Industry experience and product knowledge preferred
- Hand truck and forklift required
- Tape measure required
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Safety conscience
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Constant walking, standing, bending, climbing and crawling
- Occasional sitting for more than one hour
- Constant overall peripheral vision, color, depth perception and reading close-up
- Constant handling, reaching, feeling and grasping for objects and use of finger dexterity
- Constant hearing and talking in person
- Occasional hearing and talking via telephone
Weather Related Conditions
- Frequent exposure to heat, cold, rain, humidity, wind
- Frequent carrying and lifting objects up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 80 lbs.
Additional Requirements: Overtime required, as needed, including weekends
Job Location: Boston, MA