Location: Boston, MA
POSITION SUMMARY: The Lumber Counter Sales Representative will provide customer service by processing sales at the sales counter, over the telephone, email or through faxed in orders. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of building materials and will possess keen customer service skills.
SIGN ON BONUS FOR $1000 if employed, in good standing, after 90 days.
- Provide customer service, to builders and contractors, at the counter, over the telephone and via email
- Prepare and process job quotes and orders with a high level of accuracy
- Focus on the customer by creating a positive customer experience
- Participate in direct cycle count processes, as directed
- Perform research needed to help determine the “root cause” of inventory variances and adjustments
- Act as liaison with Shipping/Receiving to help coordinate deliveries
- Communicate effectively with all internal staff and external contacts
- Work independently on delivering results expected for the position
- Put stock away and assist in warehouse, as directed
- Participate in merchandising the store
Education: High school graduation or equivalent
Experience: Previous related work experience preferred – 1 year sales experience. Associates Degree may substitute for experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Point of Sale Software – Training provided
- PC – Basic computer skills including word and excel
- Telephone skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus and excellent communication skill
- Bilingual – fluent in English and Spanish is a plus