We are seeking a Job Estimator that will provide estimating support for New England Building Supply. The incumbent will prepare material takeoffs and be responsible for estimating material types and quantities for various types of construction projects. Candidate must be professional and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the Company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Job Estimator:
• Prepare takeoffs from blueprint plans and specifications
• Work with outside vendors on related take-offs
• Review and Quality Control work to ensure accuracy
• Responsible for learning and maintaining the database for internal software system
• Work in a fast-paced high volume capacity
• Communicate effectively with internal departments and contractors
• Prioritize and manage time effectively to ensure expectations are met
• Work independently on delivering results expected for the position
• Possess a positive and professional attitude to clients/customers and coworkers
• Make site visits as deemed necessary
To be considered for this position you will need to possess the following skills, experience and abilities:
• Two years in residential home or lumber estimating.
• College or university degree in the construction related field a plus.
• Must have an understanding of construction terms
• Proficient in blueprint reading and material take-offs.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Plan Swift software knowledge a plus
• Proficient communicator
• Excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills’
• One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
Job Type: Full-time