We are seeking an experienced Window Specialist to oversee our window products category. The candidate will be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of our window business including estimating, specification review, vendor relationships and product training. The successful candidate must possess the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with both external and internal customers and the ability to engage and coordinate our window sales efforts within the sales team. This individual will work closely with the Company’s estimating, sales and operations personnel to ensure specifications, contract documents, purchasing protocol and gross margins are maintained.
Candidate must be professional, detail oriented and a personable leader committed to the overall objective and self-development within the Company.
The following is a list of the major responsibilities of the Window Specialist:
- Direct responsibility for the window products category.
- Oversee the day-to-day window operations with focus on top line growth while maximizing gross profitability.
- Ensure products are being ordered in accordance with specific job requirements, specifications and submittals.
- Oversee field technician(s).
- Monitor Open Order Report to maximize inventory turns and ensure D.O.G.’s are minimized.
- Participate in regular management meetings to ensure adequate communication to direct supervisor and Senior Leadership Team.
- Direct oversight and participation in specification review, job quoting/take-offs, pricing and margin control.
- Responsible for category vendor relationships including regular feedback to Senior Leadership Team as to individual vendor performance, participation in year-end vendor reviews and input relative to annual vendor programs.
- Showroom design and maintenance for related brands.
- Participation in monthly sales meetings. Specifically, providing updates to the sales team regarding the windows category, new products/programs and vendor communications.
To be considered for this position you will need to possess the following skills, experience and abilities:
- Minimum 5-year’s experience in the window or building materials industry.
- College or university degree in the construction related field a plus.
- Must have an understanding of construction terms, scheduling and planning concepts in addition to in-depth knowledge in windows, millwork and commercial doors.
- Understanding of blueprint reading and material take-offs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficient communicator and negotiator.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills.